Requirement: having SCANeR installed on client machine → follow the tutorial SCANeR Installation.
This section allows you to configure access to the server on the client machine with the SCANeRLicMgr tool
- Running SCANeRLicMgr (depending on your operating system)
- Windows: %STUDIO_PATH%/SCANeRstudio_X/bin/x64/SCANeRLicMgr.exe.
CentOS (Linux): $STUDIO_PATH/SCANeRstudio_X/bin/Linux/centos/<centos_version>/bin/SCANeRLicMgr
Ubuntu (Linux): $STUDIO_PATH/SCANeRstudio_X/bin/Linux/ubuntu/<ubuntu_version>/bin/SCANeRLicMgr
If you already have SCANeR installed and opened, you can access it: go to Help → License Information, and on the new window, at the bottom left-hand corner, click on Configure to open SCANeRLicMgr
- At first launch SCANeRLicMgr looks like:
- Give license server IP address or hostname – input field "Servers (IP or hostname)"
- In case your license is on your computer: enter the value "localhost"
- In case your license is on another machine (license server for example): enter the IP address or the name of the server
- Select by default the following options:
These options will help you to generate logs files that can be used to analyze a possible problem of access to a license. Find the logs files in the same directory as the "License configuration file" specified by the interface.
The following screenshot represents settings for localhost license:
5. Save this configuration by clicking on the button "Install for current User"
- SCANeRstudio Headless case:
Being in headless usage you can not open a graphical interface. You will have to edit/create the License configuration file manually. For this, we recommend you to follow the following steps:
Add the following content to your file hasplm.ini:
- Replace <serverAdress> with the address of your server (refer to the chapter: Configuration of client) and save the file.